ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22/WG20 (i18n), Meeting #23 in BUSAN, Rep. of Korea
(Last Updated): 2003-02-11, 00:30)
* N.B. Both Busan and Pusan are one and the same place,
the second largest city in Rep. of Korea (or South Korea).
Meeting Information ---
documents distributed during busan meeting
* Home page of ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22/WG20 - Internationalization;
* WG20 Document Register
Date: Tue., Feb. 11 - Thu., Feb. 13, 2003
Room 311, Main Building ("Bonbu" in Korean),
Pusan National University, BUSAN, Republic of KOREA
- Phone Numbers at the meeting room:
+82-51-510-3555 (for general purpose);
information about tele-conference
- Travel Information: How to arrive in Busan(Pusan), Korea?
A. via Incheon (ICN) Int'l Airport from abroad.
A.1 Direct flights from Seoul Gimpo (GMP) airport to Busan Gimhae airport
- There are many flights from Seoul Gimpo (GMP) airport
to Busan Gimhae airport (PUS).
- Therefore, it is recommended to take a bus from Incheon (ICN)
airport to Seoul Gimpo (GMP) Airport. It takes about 30 minutes and costs
KRW (Korean Won) 4,000 to 6,000 (USD 1 = KRW ~ 1,300). The bus leaves very
frequently (about every 5 to 10 minutes).
- Then take a plane from Seoul Gimpo (GMP) airport
to Pusan Gimhae (PUS) airport. It takes about one hour.
A.2 Direct flights from Incheon (ICN) airport
to Busan Gimhae airport (PUS)
- There are only a few direct flights from Incheon (ICN) airport to Busan
Gimhae airport (PUS).
A.3 Alternatively, you can travel by train or by express bus
from Seoul to Busan/Pusan.
- To take a train, take a bus from Incheon airtport to
Seoul Railway Station.
- To take an express bus from Seould to Busan,
take a bus from Incheon airtport to Seoul Express Bus Terminal.
- It takes about 1 hour and costs about KRW 6,000 from Incheon airport
to Seoul Railway Station or Seoul Express Bus Terminal.
- It takes about 5 to 6 hours and costs about KRW 25,000 - 30,000
(~ USD 20 - 25, ~ EUR 20 - 25) from Seoul to Busan/Pusan
by an express bus or a train.
B. via Busan/Pusan (PUS) Int'l Airport from abroad.
- You can arrive in Busan/Pusan Airport from Tokyo (Narita, NRT),
Osaka (Kansai, KIX), and some other cities.
- From Gimhae Int'l Airport, Busan Railway Station, or
Busan Central (Express) Bus Terminal to Sangnam International House:
- There are three types of taxis. The type is identified by the color
of the "TAXI" sign on the roof of a taxi. Green and Blue taxis are cheaper.
Yellow is expensive (about three times).
- The taxi fare shown below is for a green/blue taxi.
(During rush hours, due to congestion, the fare might increase slightly)
- from Busan Gimhae airport to Sangnam Int'l House (~24 km):
about 18,000 KRW (~= USD 15, EUR 15)
- from Busan Railway Station to Sangnam Int'l House (~20 km):
about 15,000 KRW (~= USD 13, EUR 13)
- from Busan Central (Express) Bus Terminal to Sangnam Int'l House (~6 km):
about 6,000 KRW (~= USD 5, EUR 5)
- There is a subway from Busan Railway Station or Busan Central (Express)
Bus Terminal to Busan National University Subway Station.
However, there is no subway from Busan Gimhae Airport.
Sangnam International House
(a hotel attached to Pusan National Univ.)
- price: 35,000 KRW (~= 30 USD, 30 EUR) per night, per room
(single/twin/double). Meals not included.
(This is a special discount rate.)
- Six rooms (twin or double) are reserved until Jan 20, 2003.
After that date, rooms may not be available.
- Reservation & General Information: +82-51-510-7000; Fax: +82-51-583-7070
- There are many rooms having a LAN port. At check-in time,
ask for a room with a LAN port. There is no charge for using it.
- Location of Sangnam International House:
Map (in English),
Map (in Korean Hangeul)
. From this map, you can also get a street map (in Korean Hangeul)
around Pusan National University and Sangnam International House
by following a link labeled as "More Info/더 자세한 지도는".
. You can show both a map in Korean Hangeul and
a street map (in Korean Hangeul) to a taxi driver for directions.
- Visa: In case you need a letter of invitation for obtaining a visa,
please contact me as soon as possible.
- Other Information
- Currency: 1 USD ~= 1 EUR = ~= 1,200 KRW (Korean Won)
- Time Zone: Korea Standard Time (KST) = UTC + 9:00
- Contact person: Prof. KIM, Kyongsok,
Ofc Phone +82-51-510-2292 (10:00 - 17:00 KST),
- weather in 부산 busan/pusan
(For those who cannot read Korean Hangeul, the first line
is for Busan/Pusan area
Home page of Pusan National University
Home page of Busan Metropolitan City